tyres

Standard 900 T16S 1985 15 inch wheels what are the best tyres for performance and handling?

I have used Pirelli P6000s and they are pretty good. I have used Avons which aren't terribly good., All ideas considered. Are the Korean imports good? Soft compound?

conditions tarmac British roads, quite frequent rain, lots of curves -

thanks Peter

Reply to
Peter Watson

I was wondering about tires lately myself. I need to put a new pair on my 1992, which has 15" alloy wheels (the 15-spoke round spoke type). They have 185 mm H rated on now. What options are compatible with these wheels?

Thanks, John

Reply to
John B

I have 195 60 R15 88 V rated tyres

- they aren't bad but they aren't great either.

Reply to
Peter Watson

John B wrote in news:slrndf9o00.cmb.rotten_NOSPAM snipped-for-privacy@oragam.example.com:

I just put a set of Pirelli PZero's on my 1997 900Se and I'm very happy with them. Very quiet, nice ride and the handling is coming in as the new wears off. Tire Rack reviews showed them to be excellent in rain. We haven't had any here since I got them, so can't comment.

Reply to
Laura K

OK, my old C900 came with mismatched cheapies worn out at the front. I put Avon ZV1s. I liked them, but they did wear out a little fast for my liking, about 2/3rd worn in about 18 months, or roughly 16-18k miles.

My current Celica GT4 is shod with Pirelli P7000's. They grip really well. I'm selling it because I've seen the error of my ways. Would I have Pirellis again, you bet. I'm getting another Saab.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I had 205/55/16 Firestone Firehawk (Z rated) fittet to my 9000 CSE. I don't notice them, so they must be quite good.

Reply to
Johannes

I was going to suggest Vredestein wihch I have used in Aus in the past on Renaults and Saabs & been very impressed for the price - especially in the wet.

May be worth checking out the link below. Runway Enduro 656 & Colway remoulds seem to be keeping quite a few people happy. Cheers

hippo

I bought some 'cheap' import tyres for my 'old' 9000. Simply because I wasn't planning on spending much more money on it - it has various troubles.

I was less than impressed. I'd stick to 'name' brands if I were you.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I was happy with P6000s for years on our 900s and 9000s but last fall I was talked into trying Nokian WRs. The WRs seem to be almost as good on dry pavement but they really excell on wet surfaces and in snow. Even though they are rated as a snow tire they seem to show less wear per mile than the Pirellis and I am assured by others that they are a true all season tire (they have a wear rating of 420).

If the gulf stream stops because of global warming you would be prepared with WRs in the United Kingdom.

R. Frist in Pittsburgh, PA

Reply to
R. Frist

I ran P6s on my old C900. I now run Dunlop Sport A2s with good handling on dry/wet/light snow on a 1994 NG900. On my 1993 C900 turbo, I am runing Michelin V rated all seasons - because that is what the shop had and I needed tires then. Any advise on less expensive V-rated 195/60 R

15s that are good on dry/wet and have reasonable good life (on a red box/short shift kit/lowered suspension C900 turbo)?
Reply to
ma_twain