UK: dumped maybe stolen CS 9000 2.3 Turbo S.

Does anyone know the owner of a red CS 9000 2.3 Turbo S with leather interior reg number J743 RRD.

It's been parked on the Tesco Warrington for the last month or so, but I assumed it was a staff car.

Today however, I saw a notice on the Window that was notice to remove it if it wasn't claimed or moved. there is 7 days notice from the date of issue (8th Sept 2004).

The Car hase number plates from AllSaab Manchester, so I'm going to mail them as well, to see if they have any record of the cars last owner, and whether it was stolen.

Has a few dings and scrapes to the arches that look pretty recent, as they are through the paint but haven't rusted yet, plus a small rust hole at the top of the drivers side front arch.

Hate to see what looks like a faily decent solid, but abused car get scrapped which is what will happen.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Can't believe I have not had any responses to this, a rough but servicable Saab may be getting trashed, and no-one knows the owner?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Strange.... When I get a speeding ticket they always know where to find me.... Also when it's time to pay road tax... Maybe because we have a system that keeps track of car licence numbers and owners?

-- MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96 '87 900T8

Reply to
MH

We have a simillar system in the UK, but its not public information, so Tescos won't have access(or care)

Maybe if you phone the local nick and let them know, if they've finished drinking their tea maybe they could check it on their computer?

Reply to
Al

I know... I was just pulling Meatball's chain...

It used to be here in NL, for a fee of Fl 7.50 or so they would give you the name and address of the registered owner. For some reason they stopped doing that. It is still possible for insurance companies or car dealers etc. The Dutch SAAB importer sends reminders to all SAAB owners a month before their APK (MOT) is up for renewal. They get their info from the central car licence register.

Or try an MOT station?

-- MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96 '87 900T8

Reply to
MH

Went to Tesco on Monday, still a couple of days before it was due to be towed, and it has gone. It had actually been there for a couple of months, but as I said before I thought it belonged to a staff member.

Hopefully, mailing the Saab Club UK 9000 registrar, the garage listed on the license plates (they are a localish Saab independant), and another garage that happens to be owned by the UK club technical officer and northwest branch chairman, helped get the car back to it's owner if it was stolen.

Really hope it wasn't dumped, and has been removed. Was a little rough, but too good to scrap.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Our MOT system has only just started to be computerised and linked together.

Until now MOT garages had to rely on either keeping accurate paperwork, or using their own computers calandar.

Unless the garage I went to had done the previous MOT on the car, they wouldn't know anything about it.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

I'm surprised... In NL the licence number, APK (MOT) and car insurance files are linked. If there is no insurance or valid APK associated with the licence number, I will be automatically fined, unless I have suspended the licence.

-- MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96 '87 900T8

Reply to
MH

In article , snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.no spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

Well, in the UK, we are just starting to get a national road tax/license database.

We also have a drivers license database, and the insurance companies have a database that they share, but ATM they aren't linked in any way.

That is supposed to be happening, but hasn't yet.

MOT's are going computerised, but for the moment, you get a little sticker to put in your windscreen with the expiry date on the inside so you can see it. Of course, it means a police officer can also have a look in and see it, but no on a Saab 900 with the very curved screen.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

We used to have a system like that, with a small round sticker on the car's licence plate, but since the system is completely computerised now we do not have those stickers anymore. If the dealer does not remind you, you have to check the date on the (A4 size) test report that was issued at the APK. The test report has to be presented on any police request so it has to be in the car.

-- MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96 '87 900T8

Reply to
MH

In article , snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.no spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

We don't have to keep them in the car, but we do have to present them at a Police station within a set time, if they aren't in the car, if requested when stopped.

A lot of insurance companies don't recommend keeping important documents in the car, because if it is stolen, the thief can make attempts at registering the car in their name, or even identify where the owner lives and rob them, or even use the documents as identification for certain things (insurance documents, license (not everybody has a photo license yet), and MOT would do a pretty good job as passing for someone else)

Reply to
MeatballTurbo