Vacuum problem 9000

1987 9000T auto in New Zealand. Problem. The turbo gauge does not show any vacuum at idle and on the overrun. The boost side is ok, it goes nicely up to the yellow/red area. The only problem I have found is that the vacuum advance on the distributor is broken, but would this leak be enough to cause the above? We tried swopping the dump valve for a known good one but this had no effect. Any ideas please?
Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

Try disconnecting and plugging the vacuum hose going to the vacuum advance and see if that helps? If so, replace the vacuum advance!

Charles

Richard Sutherland-Smith wrote:

Reply to
Charles