Wanted: Saab 99 turbo (England)

Where can I find one of these in the North west (England)

Any pointers

Thanks

Reply to
Tom

Matt had one (a combi! - very rare) for sale. I'm sure he'll spot this post soon.

Reply to
Grunff

No turbos on Autotrader I'm afraid, and haven't see anything decent on Ebay for a bit.

Bit far away for you but there is this.

MeatballTurbo

Nah,

I want a better one than that oh and not a saloon.. the combie that Grunff was talking about??

Reply to
Tom

in article 4033dd92$0$21308$ snipped-for-privacy@news.dial.pipex.com, Tom at snipped-for-privacy@list.com wrote on 18/02/2004 21:48:

Combi Coupes are the rare ones now. The saloon (2D) turbo was the classic, but I think the coupes are going to be the really sought after ones. Particularly if they're a bit older - say early '70s.

I was to find a black turbo with Incas and v*gina red interior in mint condition, I'd be very very tempted though :)

"Don¹t you want me, baby..."

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

in article 4033dd92$0$21308$ snipped-for-privacy@news.dial.pipex.com, Tom at snipped-for-privacy@list.com wrote on 18/02/2004 21:48:

This guy

might have something, or be able to get yousomething ... He goes under the psedonym TFatC over on
and drives a 99 himself, along with owning aload of older much Saabs. Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Fraid I decided not to sell it. Its now mothballed in my mates barn until I have time to do a really good (ala F900) job on it. Its an 82 in black with faded red velour.

Cheers Matt

Reply to
**-**

I thought you went quiet on that one! Very sensible too, I don't think I'd sell it if it were mine. They are pretty rare as it is, and most of the ones I come across are rusted way beyond usefulness.

BTW, did you get my email about track cars?

Reply to
Grunff

The saloon is a better car, handling wise, and a tiny bit faster. Combi's are all 78-79 models....Basically the coupe is a proto 900, and has less unique 99 feel IMHO

Actually first glance you'd be hard pressed to diffentiate an early '79-'80

900T from a 99T, same inca's, same classic red interior! I dare say these are the rarer car now (lived life short&fast!) and would be a nice find too...
Reply to
chris