Washer Fluid Warning?

Anyone know if the new 9-3's have a warning when the washer fluid gets low (I don't have my manual handy to look it up myself)? There's no fluid coming out of the nozzles and they look clear of any gunk that might cause problems. I tried to check the reservoir, but I can't see it from under the hood (bonnet). I haven't tried crawling under the car yet to see if I can get a better look. Thanks.

Reply to
Shane Almeida

Yes they do have a low fluid sensor. You may have a blockage in the tubing or check valves that run from the pump to the nozzles, or you may have a bad pump.

First see if you hear the pump run when you actuate the washers. If not, troubleshoot that. Next try disconnecting the tubing before the first tee connector on the underside of the hood and actuate the washers, looking for some fluid to be ejected from the open tube. It is actually a check valve as well as a tee and may be clogged. If that's OK, keep adding pieces back into the system until you determine exactly where the blockage is...

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.

It's worth noting that the check valves are notorious for going bad.

Don't miss the fact that the washers go to the headlights too... if you see lots of fluid dripping from the front when the pump runs, it's usually that area you have to check.

Reply to
Bob