water in the well

after the last storm here in california, i discovered that my rear floorboard in the 1991 convertible was soggy. i used a towel to dry it up and stuck a blow dryer to complete the job. where did the water come from? what is leaking? sometimes i find a little bit of water behind the rear seats, but the water is ususally contained and I dry it up easily with a towel.

this time, there was no water behind the seats and now there is water on the floor board.

anybody else had this problem?

Reply to
yellow saab

On occasion, a hard rainstorm or melting snow will cause water to show up on the passenger side rear floorboard in my car, ('92 conv.) I pulled the back seat, disassembled the flooring in the trunk and found nothing. Later on, after fussing with the rubber drain dammits on the bottom of the drip edge the water intrusion minimized mostly. I have not had a problem with water in the car except on a heavy rain or lots of snow melting, (snow is something you likely don't have to worry about). If the seal at the rear glass is bad, water will accumulate in the fiberglass enclosure for the top in the trunk area by the back seat. Water from the back half of the top of the car tends to run down to the opening at the top of the rear quarter panel. If (when) the drain holes at the bottom of the drip edge become overwhelmed, water will pool up in the trunk area and on the back floorboards. I believe the water thing is just a cross to bear on these cars. If, however, you find a cure be sure to let us know here!

dave

Reply to
dave