weather seals

I have a 97 9000 Aero and am tired of the sound of the wind whistling around all the doors and windows. Am interested in replacing the rubber seals around the doors and the sunroof. Has anyone done it? If so, how hard is the job and is it likely to solve the problem?

Thanks.

Reply to
mdb

I've never really looked at sunroof seals but door rubbers are easy to remove and fit - you can normally just pull them off with your fingers and thump them back on with the palm of your hand. I bet they're not cheap though.

Are you sure your problem isn't down to the window-frames sagging away from the body? It's often the cause of rain-leaks and wind noise rather than the rubbers.

If they are sagging, they can normally be straightened up with a bit of brute force. Make sure the windows are wound down before you try it though...

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp