weird ,grinding noise when i start my '99 9-3

It's happened once before many months ago, when i'd start my car, as soon as i finished cranking and the engine starts, a violent grinding noise occurs i'm no mechanic what could this sound be? I sounds as if you were cranking the engine when the engine was already turning.

Thanks Costa Mtl, Canada

Reply to
costa

does it go away after some seconds? might be the air conditioning kicking in...

bye

simon

Reply to
Simon Putz

Could be the starter solenoid sticking and grinding the ring gear...

Stuck ignition switch?

Reply to
chris