wet floor?

I've been driving my 1993 9000 CSE in the UK for a year now & I love it. However, I recently noticed the floor is always damp under the rubber mat (even when it hasn't been raining). Some websites suggest it might be leakage from the air con.. but I don't have it. I've also checked the sunroof drains and they seem OK. The carpet seems to staining a sort of blue/green so I was wondering if it might be a leaky hose to the rear window wash wiper??? Hope it's nothing too serious - any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks

Reply to
Bob

Are you using yellow/green antifreeze? If so, it's probably a heater core leak. This can be serious/expensive depending on how hard it is to replace. Personally, I'd put a can of Barr's Stop Leak in the radiator and dirve it with the heater on for about 30 minutes. That may fix it if it's a small leak. If not, you'll have to replace it.

snipped-for-privacy@madmousergraphics.com

design, print design, photography

Reply to
LauraK

Thanks for the advice - I'll try and get hold of some tomorrow. Cheers

Reply to
Bob

This sounds silly but is a great diagnosis tool - damp you fingers and taste it - tasteless - it's rainwater, sweet it's antifreeze, chemical - it's washer fluid.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Peard

Safer to put down some clean cardboard & see what color the drippings are.

Reply to
Dave Hinz