What would be a good forum to sell some OEM alloy rims in?

I have a set of four alloy rims from a 90's 900s left over after upgrading.

Where might you regulars recommend I post them to get a decent shot at finding a good home for them?

tia, TBerk

Reply to
TBerk

eBay...

Reply to
Dave Hinz

in article snipped-for-privacy@y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, TBerk at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on 03/05/2006 22:12:

Here? If you're in the UK, UK SAABs is a good place which allows adverts. SAAB Trader? Again, a UK site. SAAB Central does not and I don't know about SAAB Scene or SAAB Net (since I don't frequent those boards). Other local/regional forum boards may also allow adverts.

Where are you located?

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Sorry, I forgot to add these rims are near San Francisco California, USA, and as I won't be selling many things online I don't see a need to share the wealth with eBay by obtaining an account. (And pass the savings on to you! har har.)

These are the 15 spoke alloys, with a four bolt pattern, complete with caps and are in great shape.

I'm working on getting a picture posted online.

What I'm interested in would be some links to the forums you more habitual Saab owners might be aware of, (my experience is in the VW realm of things).

Thx in advance, TBerk

Reply to
TBerk

MH

It costs nothing to have an account at Ebay. You pay a small fee to list and a small fee at final sale. You can request a money order but most people set up a pay pal account. Paypal is free too but if you want to take credit cards (setup free) then you pay a fee for every transaction - including cash x-fers

Ebay is well worth the additional exposure you will get. I suggest you gain some familiarity with it before selling something of significant value through it though. There are good and bad ways to list items, tricks to choosing starting prices and reserves (bad idea), etc. You should learn the in's & outs.

You can list stuff at Saabnet.com in the classifieds if you like. No idea what the fees are there.

Reply to
Bob

And take note that as of the end of December last year,

has stopped operating so there isn't any way that I know of to purchase US$ money orders online to pay Ebay sellers with.

Regards,

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

Try Craigs List. Good activity and the price is right (free)

Fred W

Well, as it turns out the original owner I was hoping to sell these rims for was pressed for time, (but more importantly storage space) so the four rims ended up in San Jose at the recycler's.

:[)

Thx to all in any case.

TBerk

Reply to
TBerk

That was over a month ago. Surely he had time to sell them in a months time...

Reply to
Fred W