Will SAAB as a brand be back?

With the recent purchase of SAAB's assets by NEVS, it is not clear to me whether NEVS intends to utilize facilities and the like to produce a new or alternative brand of car, or whether they intend to continue to build SAAB branded vehicles with newer technology. Does anyone know?

Reply to
Aaron W. Hsu

On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 18:17:39 -0400, Aaron W. Hsu wrote (in article ):

Saabs United had some documents that show that a new factory in Trollhattan will be used. I didn't see anything that specifically said that if it will be a refurbish of the current facility or something completely new from the ground up.

Reply to
rdc

Yeah, and it isn't clear to me from reading those whether they intend to use the factory for other brands of cars, or whether they will use SAAB branding on the new cars that are built there.

Reply to
Aaron W. Hsu

I suspect no one knows for sure (at least anyone who's talking!) but I hope we will continue to see Saab in some form in the future. I love the uniqueness of the Saab (I have a 1990 900 Turbo convertible, with about

6,500 miles on it...) and as long as they don't just stick the Saab name on anything that comes along I'll be happier.
Reply to
PeterD

Does that mean

Reply to
Charlie

The former... A barn find, there were about 14 cars in that barn, including a Bentley, and three Benz sedans, a VW Thing and a few other odd-balls. We have had it for a few years, and typically drive it about

200 miles each summer, a drive every week or two, sometimes to car shows. Open the trunk it still has the 'new car' smell, which IMHO is amazing.
Reply to
PeterD