Will the SC be good?

What do you all think? I'm excited about the 9-5 SC, and I would be really disappointed if it turns out to be a bit of a fuddy duddy. I'm also in the U.S.A., and I really want the manual transmission, rather than an auto with the flappy paddles, and I'm thinking that this might not make it here?

Aaron W. Hsu

Reply to
Aaron W. Hsu

I'm fairly convincedm that you'll like the 9-5 SC. And I'm pretty sure, that you can order one with a manual. You'll just have to wait longer to get the car. ;o)

Reply to
Henrik B.

I've seen some (fuzzy) pictures of the 9-5 Aero BioPower Wagon. Looks good, though I'd not want a wagon myself.

Reply to
PeterD

My wife isn't crazy about Wagons either, but I'm the one that does the long distance cruising across the states, and for that, it's hard to beat a good Wagon, IMO.

Aaron W. Hsu

Reply to
Aaron W. Hsu

Heh.

Aaron W. Hsu

Reply to
Aaron W. Hsu

Looks good, but slightly larger than necessary.

A new car that hits the sweet spot of size, performance, costs for potential replacement of my 9000 CSE is this one:

Although the interior is a bit dull compared to the 9000, but equipment is good.

Reply to
johannes

Aaron W. Hsu wrote 2011-05-25 22:18:

And now it looks like you will have to wait forever. Saab no longer has money to pay the workers, bankruptcy is not far away.

Reply to
th

Yes it is! A Chineese company has just bought 583 Saab's, worth EUR 13 mio. Plus the real estate will be sold very shortly, also generating money.

Reply to
Henrik B.

I can only say we are waiting and hoping. However, 583 cars is a drop in the proverbial bucket--Saab needs to sell many thousands in order to even survive at all, so they still have a very steep uphill path to follow.

Reply to
PeterD

I agree. As of now, Saab has standing orders of more than 10,000 cars, that needs to be produced to costumers...

Reply to
Henrik B.

Now, if they can convert those orders into cash flow, it is possible!

Reply to
PeterD

Henrik B. wrote 2011-06-27 21:20:

But I guess that none of those buyers want to pay in advance like the Chinese. The new Chinese mone is only sufficient to pay the salaries plus taxes before end of June. The real estate sale is not sufficient to restart production. The real estate value is estimated to around 30 MEuro but then someone (=the Muller clown?) has to find another 60 MEuro to restart production.

Reply to
th

In the U.S., with Kids? Larger is good. :-) Especially if I can get good gas mileage from it.

Aaron W. Hsu

Reply to
Aaron W. Hsu