winterbanden met velgen

Hallo,

Ik heb nog vier winterbanden met velg liggen van mijn Saab 9000 maat 195/65 R 15

4 gaten

Wil iemand hier een bod op doen? Ik woon in de buurt van Amsterdam

Groeten,

Robert

Reply to
r. van westerhoven

"r. van westerhoven" schreef in bericht news:bn3ppa$n2h$ snipped-for-privacy@news.hccnet.nl...

Graag ff merk en type band en profieldiepte.

Erik

This guy is selling his wintertyres with S9000 wheels.

Reply to
Erik de Fotograaf

Don't post in Dutch in international newsgroups please.

X.

Reply to
Xenna

Does someone know where I can find the newsgroup-charter? I've tried Google but either I didn't look properly or it could not be found. I would be especially interested if it mentions something about the language to be used for postings. I've already seen several posting to this newsgroup in French and a Scandinavian language to which nobody complained.

Mark Gerritsma

Reply to
Mark Gerritsma

Yeah - I'm afraid I gotta disagree there too Xenna.

There is no 'charter' here persay - other than being one of the crapheads gets you kill filed pretty quickly. I have come to think of alt.autos.saab as a sort of respite from the raving chest beaters and most of the spammers.

The world is made up of a lot more languages than that good old tart english. SAAB flagellants like ourselves are the same world-wide. That is one of the interesting things about the i-net. Here's a free translator I use if I decide to take a moment to find out if something is interesting:

That said posting out used winter tires in any language - without the dashing 4 bolt 3 spoke AERO wheels I've been hunting around for - is probably not useful anywhere but your local general area NG.. :) ..

Reply to
Dexter J

Oh nee? In het Zweeds dan?=20

Ik zou niet weten waarom je in niet het Nederlands een paar op een SAAB = passende banden zou mogen aanbieden, die zich ook in NL bevinden. Het = heeft zelfs weinig zin om dat dan in een andere taal te doen. Niet dat = je hier in A.A.S. veel succes zult hebben, dan kun je dat beter doen in =

------------------------------------------- MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96

MH

passende banden zou mogen aanbieden, die zich ook in NL bevinden. Het heeft zelfs weinig zin om dat dan in een andere taal te doen. Niet dat je hier in A.A.S. veel succes zult hebben, dan kun je dat beter doen in

Well, after checking, I found that Bablefish link I forwarded didn't translate Dutch (or Swedish - which is OK by me too). Found this one instead:

Here's the same message translated - it probably reads odd, but it should be close:

Goed, na het controleren, vond ik dat de verbinding Bablefish die ik het Nederlands door:sturen vertaalde (of geen Zweeds - dat ook door me O.K. zijn). Vond in plaats daarvan dit één:

Dexter J

translator I

interesting:

Please, Dexter J, you disappoint me....

You should know there are no real translator programs. I translated your = text to German using Babelfish and the generated German back to English. = See what Babelfish did with it...=20

- The world exists many more languages than those good old sharp = English.=20

- SAAB flagellants like us are the same world-wide-. Those is=20

- one of the interesting things over the Ichnetz. Is here a free = translator,=20

- whom I use, if I decide, one moment too to last find out, if is = somewhat interesting:=20

-

the fact that the mentioned entry from used winter in each possible =language - without the=20- converging 4 screw bolts 3, AERO of wheels spoke, which were I hunt =around for - is=20

- probably not useful everywhere however its local general range NG..: = fatigues)..=20

And the same after En --> French ---> En;

- The world is composed much more of the languages that that the English = old good with the rough taste.=20

- Whipping SAAB as ourselves are the same world ones.

- It is one of the interesting things about the I-net. Here a free = translator=20

- that I use if I decide to take one moment with discovers if something = is interesting:

-

That the aforementioned indication out of the winter used tiredness in =any language - without=20- 4 bolt precipitating 3 spoke the AIR wheels which I =E9t=E9es drive =out around for - is=20- probably not useful anywhere but your local general NG of sector:) ..=20

Machine translation still has a long way to go.....=20 Would you believe some companies actually use Babelfish or similar to = translate their company webpages or info and send it to foreign = customers?

------------------------------------------- MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96

MH

Absolutely agreed - machine translators sux badly brother MH.

However - for those of us with limited Lang skills (perl, actionscript, javascript, XSSI, DHTML, Postscript, REXX - etc) they can work just well enough to get the point of something.. Certainly not good enough for business use - but OK for NG posts..

Bablefish got some of the important bits - 'SAAB flagellants like us' - 'here is a free translator I use'. It falls apart badly on the gag line about advertising winter tires without AERO rims - what the heck, it's free and online.

I ended up suggesting this service as it translated Dutch (although not well I'm sure):

Interestingly - I gather the problem really is from english out to other languages rather than other languages in to english and that is why for many years French was the preferred language of diplomacy.. Not as many nuances built into it, very formal.. Guess all that when to heck with possibly my favourite silly quote from the Iraqi folly:

.. from French's Mustard in response to Boycott France movement:

".. we at the French's Company wish to put an end to statements that our product is manufactured in France. There is no relationship, nor has there ever been a relationship, between our mustard and the country of France. Indeed, our mustard in manufactured in Rochester, NY. The only thing we have in common is that we are both yellow".

.. and just for the irony of it all - the machine translation in French:

".. nous au souhait de Company de French's pour mettre un terme aux rapports que notre produit est fabriqué en France. Il n'y a aucun rapport, ni il jamais y a eu un rapport, entre notre moutarde et le pays de la France. En effet, notre moutarde dans manufacturé à Rochester, NY. La seule chose que nous avons en commun est que nous sommes tous deux jaunissons."

and back again for the laughs..

".. us with the wish of Company de French' S to put a term at the reports/ratios which our product is manufactured in France. There is no report/ratio, nor it never was a relationship, between our mustard and the country of France. Indeed, our mustard in manufactured in Rochester, NY. The only thing that we have in common is that we are both yellow."

.. See? It does get enough of it to smell the lunacy ..

Reply to
Dexter J

From the Urban Legends Reference Pages:

John

Reply to
John

Perhaps, perhaps not - that was why it was my fav silly quote and those PR consultants are a busy bunch after the fact. Anyway - back to topic - any lang is OK by me as long as it has anything to do with SAAB and that's my final 'palabra' on it.. :/ ..

Reply to
Dexter J

Don't be obnoxious and insist that other write to please you.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Assume that there must be a reason for posting in a chosen language.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

If I hadn't had the source text this would have made absolutely no sense to me. If you realise that this translation is one of the best I could find (tried several translators!) you can probably understand why Dutch is a difficult language to learn for foreigners.

But this also proves that translating individual words doesn't necesarily produce a correct and sensible translation.

Mark Gerritsma

Reply to
Mark Gerritsma

I'll reply to myself with my motivation instead of replying to each of you personally.

English is actually a minority language in the world. It is, however, the lingua franca of the Internet. There are thousands and probably more languages in the world. Dutch is spoken by a mere 20 million or so. I am one of them in case you thought I was an English bigot.

Imagine this group and others that have no charter that forbids use of mini-languages. Suppose multi language posting really picks up. In a few years there could be hundreds of Saab related messages posted in this groups in hundreds of different languages. I'm not religious, but I know the story of Babylon, and the Babelfish doesn't seem to work very well does it?

It doesn't require a lot of imagination to see that such a group would be rather useless. Suppose 10% of the postings were in English. Would you ever bother to seek them out? I wouldn't, even if I speak 4 languages (like most educated Dutch people).

The nice thing about international newsgroups is that you can read about other countries. Even something as simple as 'winter tyres for sale' can contain interesting info, if you live half way around the world yourself. Nice, but only if people take the trouble of writing in a commonly understood language. I'm sure Robert could do that if he wanted.

To keep the international groups useful something must be done before the 10% English posts number is reached, I hope everyone agrees. Why not start while there's still a useful and understandable group? There's a perfectly good nl.* hierarchy where Dutch postings are welcome (and English postings are not). Start a nl.auto.saab group there, but don't destroy usenet by turning it into Babylon.

I remember when I received my first spam message, it looked innocent enough on it's own, but then it started multiplying.

Amen.

X.

BTW: Robert, why limit yourself by posting your ads in Dutch when there's 50 million Germans accross the border that could be craving for winter tyres...

Reply to
Xenna

I'm not arguing that machine translators are even close to accurate - in fact - I agree with your assessment entirely (see below).

However, if someone decides to translate a NG post (which is rare - but sometimes a noun pops up that is interesting) the link suggested are

*almost* good enough to get a loose handle on the meaning. It's certainly better than expecting that english should be the currency of a NG (not that you are - but it has been erroneously suggested).

I live in a port city and sometimes I run into a traveller looking for direction or opinion. I'm afraid my grasp of anything other than english and a little 'Joual' is pretty bad. But usually I can get the gist of what they are saying despite the Berlitz phrase book. I view free online translators the same way..

That said you never know if you are translating something to "I want to fondle your buttocks" when you are in fact asking "does anyone has a cheap set of 4 bolt AERO wheels for sale" .. :) ..

.. which becomes:

Dat zei u weet nooit of u iets aan "ik wilt vertaalt uw billen" strelen wanneer u in feite vraagt "iedereen heeft een goedkope reeks van 4 boutaero wielen voor verkoop" doet. .. :) ..

.. which comes back through the same translator as:

That never said you weet if you to "I want something translates your buttocks" to caress when you ask in fact "everyone have a cheap range of 4 boutaero wheels for sale" do.

Frankly, one of the really groovy things about Europe is that so many folks know so many languages to a greater and lesser extent. But - what is a poor Canadian dweeb like myself to do if he's interested in a post?

I ask this because I ran across something actually important lately regarding an Win Apache server exploit in German. Once I got a handle on the source code references - and passed it through a couple of online translators for the detail - I managed to piece it all together.. Long slog

- but worth the effort.

Reply to
Dexter J

You point is well taken.

However - if you look at it another way, the only folks that could read the post would in fact be within shipping distance of the tires in question. I disagree that English is or should be the 'lingua franca' on the internet - on the other hand - I'm pretty much limited to it if I want to understand or be able to respond to something.

I view it as my ignorance - not ignorance on the part of folks who choose to post in their native language..

So I guess you and I will have to agree to disagree - which is OK - that's one of the things that makes AAS a great NG in any language and that -is- my last / %77%6F%72%64 / on it.. :) ..

Reply to
Dexter J

Ik zou niet weten wie je wil bereiken met een advertentie voor = winterbanden in een hoofdzakelijk engelstalige nieuwsgroep. Zelfs al = zouden er in het buitenland wonende, Nederlands lezende mensen aanwezig = zijn dan zullen ze zich i.v.m. transport wel 2x bedenken voordat ze = winterbanden uit de buurt van Amsterdam kopen.

Je bereikt voor jouw doel v=E9=E9l meer potenti=EBle kopers in =

of de YAHOO/SAABNL groep

yes, but only If you are asking in Dutch about a typical SAAB problem = you want solved in your car, also for selling something big that's in = NL.

The problem would be that posting in English will only be understood by = very few Germans. How many Germans (or French people for that matter) are regulars in = A.A.S. ??? Simon P. is one of the few in D). Most people in this group = are from USA, UK, only some others from S, DK, B or NL.

If you want to sell SAAB winter tires to Germans you should try on =

or similar, and even then; how many SAABs are there =in Germany? =20

------------------------------------------- MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96

MH

I do not agree with that observation, if it is one. There are hardly any = German, French, Spanish or Italian people in this group, that says it = all. The fact that SAAB is not a very popular car in France and Germany = does not help either.

Most people in this group are from the USA, Canada & UK, some from NL, B = and Scandinavia, hardly any from Germany, France, Italy or Spain and = that reflects my experience with understanding English from my trips in = Europe.

Ask a Dutchman to translate it for you.

MH

Which reads after

pass:

I would not know who your will reaches newsgroup with an advertisement for winter links in a mainly English-speaking person. Even already there abroad Dutch reading people living will be present then them itself i.v.m. transport, however, 2x considers before they buy winter links from the buurt of Amsterdam.

You reach more potential purchasers in www for your aim véél.marktplaats.Netherlands or the YAHOO/saabnl group -

.. I swear - we'd be totally %64%6F%6F%64%65%64 were it not for the subject line as a key ..

.. :) ..

Reply to
Dexter J