wipers

95 900 The wipers will stop. Try to clean the window and the wipers make two or so passes then just stop in the middle of a pass. Tried replacing wipers and cleaned winsheild. Is a switch sticking or is it in the motor? Also wonder if anybody had trouble with the over head light come on while driving. I'm thinking a short in the switch at the key, because if you bump the key the lights come on also.

Thanks Barry

Reply to
Barry

Mine do the same thing, but only at low revs. I surmise that my battery/wiring/alternator is not putting out enough current/voltage at idle to run the wipers continuously but it's not really worth my time to trace it down... they work when I need them (when car is moving).

Do yours malfunction under all conditions, i.e. higher revs too?

Unplug the power supply anbd make sure that there is power being applied for more than a few seconds when you turn the switch on. Turn on the wipers and when they stop, put your hand onto the wiper motor. Is it humming, warm, etc. like it's trying to turn? Might be that the motor is wearing out, not generating enough oomph to move the wipers.

If the motor is trying to turn you could disassemble and grease all of your wiper components i.e. bearing surfaces and pivot points on the track to the driver's side wiper...

dave

Reply to
David Spear

I've had this happen on my '92 900S. IIRC it turned out to be a grounding problem somewhere. I had the dealer fix it, so I can't give any details.

John

Reply to
John B