Wires and Scotch-blocks

I'm looking for a potted answer here :) What are the spare wires/connector blocks either side of the car on a late 80s 900? The blocks are the same size as the indicator and sidelight connectors and the wires are black and white. They would _appear_ to go to the blocked off part of the front light clusters on a UK model.

Thoughts?

Also, my indicator wires on both sides appear to have been scotch-blocked at some point - why? I can't think of one reason.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

The spare wires are probably for side-reversing lights fitted in some markets.

Reply to
Chris

The scotch blocks are probably from a cheap alarm.

wires/connector

Reply to
The Brown & Ollis-Brown Family