Wiring Schematic for 1987 Saab 9000

Anyone have at least a partial wiring schematic for an '87 Saab 9000? The instrument panel lights are out, and replacing the 10A fuse just blows it, even if the lights are off. So I figure I have a short somewhere else on something that is connected to the same fuse.

Fuse is number 3, marked as Seat belt warning, interior lights, and instrument panel. Any other places I should check?

Thanks

John

Reply to
JD

There is a diagram in the back of Haynes Manual. According to this, fuse No 3 covers reading lights & map reading lights (brown), rear ashtray illumination (white), instrument lights (green). One of those has a short.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Found the short on drivers side seat belt unbuckled (white wire), and ended up just snipping the wire. Did not want to pull the seat after pulling the dash top and finding the brown and white wire for the instrument lights did not have a short and after checking the back reading lights and map light. It would have been nice if I could have found and accessed a central point where the wires split off to eliminate various branches in one shot. there is only a green wire coming out of the back of the fuse panel. Thank you for your time Johannes, I may not have decided to try the white wire for the seat connector without the information you gave me about the white wire also going to the ashtray. John

Reply to
JD

glad you found the problem !! but while you have the top off it may not be a bad idea to take the opportunity to insert some more small fuses it each of the feed lines: imho SAAB should have do this anyways but what the .. let's improve the design, inline fuse holders aren't expensive.

Regards Chris.

about the

wrote in

news: snipped-for-privacy@wsrexaoxazxsizefitterwozeoarrxzx.com...