ZX1 in a 9000 turbo

Anyone else used this oil additive which promises enhanced performance, and most importantly increased fuel consumption?

I used some 8 years ago in a Vauxhall Corsa Turbo Diesel and it worked a treat! (MPG up 10%) Is it likely to cause me problems in my 8 yr old 9000

2.3 full pressure turbo?

Cheers Al

Reply to
Al

Snake oil.

Reply to
Grunff

? meaning?

Charles

Reply to
Charles Christacopoulos

I'm always highly skeptical of oil additives other than those that come with the oil. Personally I wouldn't use them, you'd likely see the same gains by going to a quality synthetic oil without the possible risk of messing something up. If it was an old beater I was driving into the ground I might consider an additive to stop the smoke, etc to make it last a few months longer but that's not a situation I'm likely to get in.

Reply to
James Sweet

Reply to
Grunff

I'm not Grunff, but I take his meaning to be "It's very good to do what it was designed for, which is separating the gullible from their money".

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Yup, I'm a bit of a sceptic too, although I did have a good experience with it in my company vauxhall corsa. (note the ownership issue there!)

I asked the question to see if anyone had any experience of it in a saab.

That apart, the saabscene website forums have some interesting correspondence, (just google zx1+saab) Seems opinion there is spit between wonder potion and snake oil...

Cheers

Al

Reply to
Al

I have no info on ZX1 however I have used a product called 'Slick' in most of the 10 or so Saabs (mostly 2.0 and 2.3 high pressure turbos) I have owned and it definately has improved fuel consumption by around 5 - 10%. It also makes the engine noticeably quieter...you can actually hear the engine go quiet as you pour it into the oil filler cap. As you pour it in, the engine also speeds up momentarily which suggests that there is a rapid, considerable reduction in internal friction (which is what is says on the label).

Usual disclaimers apply...I have no connection with the company that makes this product or its distributers etc etc etc

Cheers

Paul BJ

Reply to
Paul BJ

Hmmm. When I put fresh oil (synthetic) in my saab at oil change, the engine also seems a little bit smoother.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

"As you pour it in, the engine also speeds up momentarily which suggests that there is a rapid, considerable reduction in internal friction (which is what is says on the label)."

I hear they are about to release something that will considerably reduce the

*external* friction of your engine too... which could mean an extra 20 -30mph??
Reply to
Nasty Bob

Had ZX1 in there for a week or so now, seems to have improved MPG marginally, from 25ish to 27ish, but only long term running will prove one way or the other.

Reply to
Al