02 L200, resetting oil change light?

Greetings all, just purchased an 02 L200 with the 4 cylinder. I do my own oil changes and I can't figure out how to reset the oil change light. It didn't come with an owners manual. Can anyone here help me out? Thanks!

Reply to
Huntervf

If it's like my SL2...

Turn the key to the on/run position (Don't start car) Observe the "Change Oil Soon" light come on in the self test and then go out Press and hold the oil change reset button (in the fuse box under the hood) for about 4 seconds. The "Change Oil Soon" light should blink for about 10 seconds and then go out The Oil Life Monitor has been reset

Cheers!

Glomis

oil changes and I can't figure out how to reset the oil change light. It didn't come with an owners manual. Can anyone here help me out? Thanks!

Reply to
Glomis

I just picked up an '01 LW300. Same there too with the reset button under the main fuse block near the battery...

It may be worth to you to get a replacement owner's manual. I sat and read it cover to cover last night and there were a few items that were not intuitive. Well worth having.

Like you, I also change oil and do most of the PM and repairs. I intend to get the service manuals (~$150) and an OBD2 adaptor for my laptop computer. I've been looking at the autotap unit.

Happy New Year, Oppie

Reply to
Oppie