05 barely used saturn vue (good deal? input please)

Hey Saturn People!!!!!! Please let me know if you think this sounds like a good deal.. thx

05 Saturn Vue V6 FWD

This was a program vehicle and has less than 3000 miles on it. ($840 credit for the used miles - should be more, right?!)

Cloth Interior, Compass/Temperature, Backup Warning Alarm Sensors, Tint, Pinstripe, Nerf Bars, Dual Air Bags + Side Curtain Head Air Bags, the rest is standard for the V6 I believe.

+$21800

-$2000 Cash Back deal (financing privately)

+tax,tag transfer,title stuff +plus dealer charges 400 dealer 'fees' or something. is this OK with the employee purchase price deal? and then there's another $100 for other 'fees' as well included in that 'fees' total.

I, of course will appreciate any input-- good, bad, ugly... looking to purchase immediately.

THANK YOU !!!!!!!

Peace, whiskerz

in THE south

Reply to
JimNEKriket

Not too shabby for a overloaded V6 w/ all the toys. What you should do is compare this VUE with a brand new one on the lot (a plain V6 VUE) and you will see the difference. I am curious about the backup sensors though, they are not a factory option. That would be an aftermarket option. Base price of a brand new plain nicely loaded V6 on our lot is $25K. If this was a demo, you got a pretty good deal!

marx404

Reply to
marx404

The Dealer Fees can be something you can try to balk at and get them to remove them....if you do this always go for the complete removal of the fees.

Jim

Reply to
Seamus's Stuff

You'd be real smart to check the vehicle history. I bought a used ('04, v6 awd) VUE w/ 11,790 miles on it in January. I got a terrific deal. All the bells and whistles. If I would have checked the history, I wouldn't have bought it. The previous owner broke down 2 times. At the end of April, I started having my trouble. The SES & Reduce power light kept coming on. The VUE had been in the shop 4 times within 6 weeks for the same problem. They couldn't fix it.

I think if it would have been any other car company, I would have been SOL. After weeks of waiting & paperwork, Saturn Corp. bought back my '04 and last Wednesday, I drove away with a brand new '05 with all the same bells and whistles.

good luck

Reply to
Wilson

Every manufacturer puts out a lemon once in a while. NOW that is serious product commitment. Makes me more confident to buy Saturn again.

Laz

Reply to
Laz