'06 Vue Mute Button (Onstar)

OK, I know the subject line is kind of vague, but I was wondering for anyone who has a 06 Vue and that uses the Onstar phone can kind of fill me in.....

According to the manual, after I dial a number, I should be able to hold the mute button on the steering wheel to have the Onstar system interrupt the call and ask for additional digits. (In other words, this is for navigating through a computerized voice mail system where you would normally press "1" for voice mail and such). The manual and the Onstar guy both say I should be able to hold the mute button down and say the verbal "pound - 1" and such. Anyone else have any luck? I don't use it that much, but find it rather handy if I have to make a phone call while driving, as I have a five-speed. Anyway, I was trying to navigate through my company's phone system this morning, as I was running a little late due to the nor'easter we got here in NY...

Nothing that important, but if someone knows something - I'm just curious....

Scott

Reply to
IYM

I dont carry my book at home, but have you tried pressing the blue onstar button and asking a consultant? They may be able to clarify this for you.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

Yea I did - I stated that in my original post that the Onstar guy said it should work if I have a steering wheel control with a mute button....

Oh well - Like I said, no big deal - Just wondering....

Thanks,

Scott

Reply to
IYM

sorry, I missed that, my bad. I will try and ask someone when I get the chance. marx404

Reply to
marx404