'06 VUE Problem...

don't be shocked, but this is an actual post in this near-dead group! LOL

I've googled this problem out on the web and have not found anything similar, so I've turned here in hopes that some of the knowledgeable people are still lurking around and can help me out....

'06 Vue, 4 cyl, 5-speed, 80K miles, no history of problems with the exception of the front wheel bearings.

The check engine light (yellow silhouette my wife says looks like a tranny) is coming on and off sporadically. Stays on for 30 miles goes off for a day or two, comes back on. In addition, When sitting at a light or in traffic, when the cooling fan turns on & off, the traction control light comes on and off with it. Now with the check engine light on, I went to have the codes read. Looking over the guy's shoulder, the engine light is blaring away on the dash, and his code reader says "no codes".

Does a faulty gas cap trip the engine light? If so, would it come up as a code to be read? Is there anyone who knows if there is a history of electrical problems with the Vue, like shorts? My father also has a '06 Vue and the dealer told him there was a recall on the gas cap and replaced it. I never received anything regarding a recall. Was there one for this anyone knows of? Any ideas what my dash issues are?

Lot of questions, I know - but thanks in advance...

IYM

Reply to
IYM

[...]

Sorry - Was having problems posting and the next thing you know, there are three of them - my appologies...

IYM

Reply to
IYM

Stuff happens... Sorry, I have an LW300 so can't help with a Vue question.

Reply to
Oppie