'06 Vue spark plugs...

Have a '06 Vue, 4 cyl, 5-speed....Runs great, smooth idle, still getting about 28mpg on the highway so I'm hesitant to touch the plugs as it's running so great, but I know they should be replaced. They must be magic plugs as they are the originals (never been changed) and have

140,000 miles on them, running smooth with great mileage.

I'd like to replace them with the same plugs, but I need to pick the up before hand. Anyone know what mfr plugs are in there as OE? Or does someone have a better aftermarket replacement? I'm always hesitant about aftermarkets after my fiasco with autolites on my F-150. The two did not like each other as the autolites did not burn hot enough...Changed them out for the motorcraft's and all problems went away.

Reply to
IYM

I've got almost 170K on the plugs in my car. Was dreading taking everything apart to get to the plugs but after doing the thermostat that required pretty much stripping the engine, I'll replace them soon. It does miss on acceleration sometimes. The widening spark gap does put a strain on the driving electronics.

Was written up in this forum a few years ago about what plugs to use. I would normally go with Bosch but consensus of opinion was to go to a GM (alas, no more saturn dealers) dealer and get the OEM plugs.

Reply to
Oppie