1992 SC "Pop Up Headlights" problem

I have a 92 SC (Coupe) (sorry if I have the wrong designation, i've only had the car less than 2 weeks) and my headlights are up...but wont go back down again after clicking the switch to "Off" after the "Close" position.

I like the car...it's good on gas (25MPG) so far and I just dropped my CD changer into it...but would like to WASH it.

Any suggestions (Besides deal with the dealer)?

Thanks.... [c:\spot\run\veryfast]

>Ray
Reply to
Ray_Qix

Had the same problem. On one side only - It was a damaged wire harness, chaffed over time by the movement of the headlight assy.

Reply to
Mike

This is BOTH...from what i've found, there's a module inside the Drivers Side Fender. Also, there's a Recall on the 94-95 SC's regarding the Seat Recliner. Any idea if anyones tried getting this fixed on another year (my 92 has a broken driver's side Seat Back).

Lemme know...

-- Ray -- qix snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com qix snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Ray_Qix

The headlight door control module, I've never worked on it, but the manual says it's under the aircleaner. Remove the aircleaner assy. The module is bolted to the left side frame rail, near the front. Two electrical connectors on it. I guess you could try giving it a technical tap with both the override switch in normal, and the headlight switch off, and see if they go down.

Reply to
Mike

"Technical Tap"....is that like with the "official fixer" (aka nice Ball Pean Hammer)?

I'll whack it & let ya know.

c:\ray\fix\the_car.com

Reply to
Ray_Qix

""Technical Tap"....is that like with the "official fixer" (aka nice Ball

You got it! 'The correct amount to effect repair'. 'Any less results in "no Fix", any more results in "Total Destruction", in which case, it needed replacing anyways'

The ball peen hammer tool selection also is part of the 'technical' ability. Depending on the amount of 'technical' required. Often just the handle of a screwdriver will also do.

Reply to
Mike

Uhm....simple "fix" is the fuse, right?

Hadn't driven the car in a couple days...realized the same fuse that runs the taillights, dash lights, etc, also runs the "close" function with the headlight doors.

thanks for the help...

c:\Ray\feel\stupid\about\the\car.duh

-- Ray --

Reply to