1992 SL1 overheating

Hi,

I have replaced my coolant and changed my thermostat but engine is still overheating. I've also recently developed a bearing like rattle that sounds like it's coming from the left side camshaft??? Anyone with similar experience or possibilities please respond. Also, where is the water pump on these engines.

Thanks in advance,

Rich

Reply to
Rich Rosenfeld

The cooling fan motor is a wear item on Saturns.

Turn the A/C on, and make sure that your cooling fan is blowing. If not, you more than likely need a new motor on the cooling fan.

Reply to
Kirk Kohnen

The fan motor does come on but the temperature continues to climb?

Reply to
Rich Rosenfeld

similar

Water pump is on the front of the engine, passenger side. Under the A/C compressor if it has A/C.

Ken

Reply to
Napalm Heart

Hey Rich, I am having the same problem. I have installed a new radiator, thermostat, new water pump and even went as far for a new cap. Was wondering if you ever found out what the problem was with the rattling noise and the temp gauge. I hope this isn't a dead thread and that you might see this. Art

Reply to
artimusprime

Hey Rich, I am having the same problem. I have installed a new radiator, thermostat, new water pump and even went as far for a new cap. Was wondering if you ever found out what the problem was with the rattling noise and the temp gauge. I hope this isn't a dead thread and that you might see this. Art

Reply to
artimusprime

Make sure you have the air dam under the car. It DOES matter!

If it's missing, not enough air gets through the radiator.

thermostat, new water pump and even went as far for a new cap. Was wondering if you ever found out what the problem was with the rattling noise and the temp gauge.

Reply to
Kirk Kohnen

I found that the spade connector on the wire to the cooling fan at the relay had overheated. The cooling fan would operate intermittently. It was only noticeable when I drove in town, as there was sufficient cooling at highway speeds.

Reply to
Jake van der Meer