1993 Saturn SC2

I'm having an issue with my 1993 Saturn SC2.

It drives fine for 5 minutes and then the transmission starts to slip run poorly. The temp gauge looks fine (not overheating).

If I let it cool down then it drives fine again for 5 minutes.

Anyone have a similar problem and solve it.

Thanks,

Bill

Reply to
Bill

When was the last time you changed the transmission fluid? Ever? I'd try changing the fluid first. It's a 15 minute job on that car since there's a drain plug and a spin on external filter (like an oil filter).

Here's what I'd do...

Drain the fluid and change the filter. Refill with fresh fluid (which I believe is Dexron III). Drive it around for 20-30 minutes. Dump the fluid again and refill with clean fluid. Report back. :-)

Cheers,

Reply to
Ritz