1993 SC2 Ign 1 fuse problem takes out dash Please Help

I have a Saturn Sc2 1993 it keeps blowing a fuse out the IGN 1 fuse. This takes out the door jam switch for dome light my seat belt guides on the door and most important the dash board and odometer only good thing is my car is stuck on 67,000 miles everything else is fine but no dash every time I replace the fuse and turn the key pop there goes another fuse.Please help if you know any thing about this problem.

Reply to
vinnvega

You need to eliminate possible causes. Find out "everything" that goes to that fuse. Look mostly at hinged areas like wires going into your doors for locks and windows etc. Have you had any work done recently that could of had a trim screw run into a wire etc?

Reply to
Blah blah

One high suspect is the door jam switches themselves. Often they start to corrode and can short out on the frame. Happed to my daughters 92 SC. Pulled it out, cleaned it up, re-insulated it and good as new.

Reply to
Mike