1994 headlights

The headlights of my SL2 have dimmed considerably. It appears the plastic outer shells are clouded. Should both headlight assemblies be cleaned, replaced or are brighter bulbs the answer? Thank you

Reply to
Sal Malva

The headlights of my SL2 have dimmed considerably. It appears the plastic outer shells are clouded. Should both headlight assemblies be cleaned, replaced or are brighter bulbs the answer? Thank you

Reply to
Scott

If they've clouded/yellowed that much, the headlight assemblies probably need to be replaced..

Reply to
Robert Hancock

Hi:

3M makes a "plastic cleaner" - a paste that may take haze off clear plastic - but it depends on what caused the haze. They also make a "plastic polish". It's a similar sort of product that puts an acrylic layer over the plastic. I have used both products on my headlights and they work reasonably well. I find, though, that some of the haze is actually on the inside of the headlight cover.

Cheers!

Glomis

Reply to
Glomis