1995 SW1 manual transmission shift linkage problem

My 1995 Saturn SW1 has become increasingly difficult to shift. We thought it might be the clutch and replaced it. it hasn't solved the problem.

Symptoms: Clutch has to jammed to the floor, and then the shift lever somewhat forced into gear. Most difficultly is with lower gears.

When looking at the shifter cables from above the engine, the lower cable is attached to the clutch but is not attached to the transmission. (the top cable is attached to both.)

Reply to
AJLCary

I'd guess that your clutch is low on Automatic Transmission fluid. The reservoir is on the firewall buried deep but you can find it if you look hard.

Reply to
Nick Hull

Reply to
Matt hotmail