1995 SW2 Fuel System

I would like to occasionally add something to my fuel system to keep it clean. However, the Saturn manual and the Saturn home office technicians say not to because it will destroy a sensor. I have seen fuel additives in the store that say they are safe for all fuel systems. Does anyone know if this is correct? Are they safe?

Reply to
FSCHW

I have used fuel additives in my 1994 SW2 and have had no problems

Brian

Reply to
SixthSphere

Actually my Saturn dealer has always recommended Tech-ron. I add 1 bottle to 6 gal of gas (half-tank) instead of the 12 gal of gas. No fuel problems.

James

Reply to
James1549

alright I work for a greese monkey and we do fuel injector cleaners. We use to things one goes through a pcv or the brake booster line. Which freezes the carbon in the motor and cleans it out at the same time we put the gas treatment in the tank. I have done so many saturns and I never heard any problems about it. The stuff we put through the brake booster is alot stronger than any gas treatment. So I wouldn't worry about putting it in your car I used both of the above on my saturn and have had no problems.

Reply to
punxyguy