1996 Saturn SC2 whistling noise

my saturn makes a whistling noise that starts at about 40mph then as you increase speed it gets louder. The noise stops if you take your foot off the gas pedal but will start again the minute you put your foot back on the gas. Does anyone have any ideas?

Reply to
ambure21

I'd look for a crack in the air intake ducts all the way from the air filter element back to the throttle body. Also, the second place I'd look is the filter shroud around the intake for outside air to the interior of the vehicle ... Good luck

Reply to
Mike Surwill

Two things can cause wind noise:

  1. radio antenna can whistle.

  1. the air conditioner recirculator door seal. To verify this one, try driving at the speed you say it happens and press the a/c recirc. button and see if the noise stops. If so, then the seal must be replaced.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

My guess is, you've recently replaced spark plugs, and you didn't tighten them,

but that's just a guess.

Reply to
Darius