1996sl2 DOHC Idles rough

My car seems to idle rough only at idle and it is running rich. I just bought the car and it had a bad cts. I replaced that and it ran great for about 100 miles. Then the check engine light came on and within 20 miles the the idle became rough. I check the codes and got "EGR insufficient flow detected". I removed the egr and it was stuck closed. Cleaned it reinstalled and reset codes. the light has not come on again but the problems are still there. The plugs and wires are new. The cruise control also started acting up at about the same time the light start coming on. It will work fine for a minute then just start accelerating until I hit the breaks.

Reply to
Deadpan

Check the O2 sensor and the engine coollant temp sensor. I had problems with the later (rich, high idle and stalling) and it ran remarkablely fine with a new sensor.

Reply to
Tony