1997 SC2 Ignition Switch

I think my daughters ignition switch needs to be replaced. About one in 3 trys, when she goes to start it, nothing happens and all the power dies. Turn the key back then start again, and it starts just fine. Thought it was a bad battery, replaced it, it's still doing it. No sounds or dead spots to make me think it is the starter. My question is, is replacing the ignition switch a DIY project? I have googling around and cannot find a "how to" on this. Thanks

Reply to
Ron

Ron , my Sister has a '95 - '96 Saturn as well as me, she had to replace her Ignition Switch - which, in her words, also keeps the car RUNNING - they don't do car work, cost them about $350.

That was 2 or 3 years ago, so adjust for inflation.

I couldn't tell you the implications of doing it yourself.

Reply to
Jon Jon

OK, thank you.

Reply to