1998 SL2 - Engine 'whirring' noise

My engine has developed a 'whirring' noise when I press on the gas pedal. It increases in volume the faster I go until I hit about 60km/h (next gear up) and then it fades quite a bit. Anyone have any idea what may be causing this?

Thanx, Toastee

Reply to
Steve Whymark

60km/h

What kind of transmission does this car have?

Reply to
Napalm Heart

Sorry, its an automatic (1.9L)

Reply to
Toastee

Just taking a shot at it, but I would suspect that a noise like you describe would more likely be coming from the automatic transmission than the engine.

Ken

Reply to
Napalm Heart

My 95 SW2 did that. I had to have the Input shaft nut replaced.

Reply to
D V Brownell