1999 Saturn SL1 Automatic Transmission

Just got my first 99 Saturn SL1. Its my luck that the transy does not shift into the upper gears from the first and the reverse is fine. Does this mean transmission is dead? Most of my life I have driven manuel so please patient with me if I ask stupid questions. I was told this might be just "speed sensor" Shortly, I need some expert help.

thanx bunch

mike

Reply to
usatr1

No a wheel speed sensor wont effect the transmission, those only effect ABS and Traction Control for the most part. Jiggle the transmission harness connector and check the fluid level. Has your car thrown any codes? Would make things easier if it has.

Reply to
BläBlä