1999 SW starting problem

I don't know where to start, but here's what happens:

I have been noticing problems with putting the key in the ignition lately, it's as if the pin is loose or soemthing and I have to use the key to adjust it.

After that, the car usually starts. I say usually because on the other days it doesn't, I'll open the car door, and before I even put the key in, I hear a knocking sound (like the sound of a turning light in the BACK left of the car, and then I know--**its NOT gonna start**. Sure enough, I try the ignition and the lights go on on the dash (the usual) and I don't hear a thing. it won't turn over. I've tried checking the battery, fine. I even had the starter and the celenoid replaced, and yet once again, I had this same problem today (I had the starter and celenoid replaced yesterday). Next, I am going to repalce the ignition switch.

I feel like I am losing my sanity. Has anyone ever had a similar problem with their Saturn? If so, how have you remedied it? I'm open to suggestions.

Theresa

Reply to
downsized_diva

Dave Stroup

The electric door locks unlock with the door key in the drivers door keylock. After a few years, the switch sometimes sticks and the locks make the noise like the one you are hearing, after you take the key out. Turn the key in the door gently left and right, left and right, then straight up and down and remove it. The noise should have stopped and the car should start.

Reply to
David T. Johnson