2000 ls1 air conditioner

Air conditioner stopped working today. I bought a canister of r-134a with a guage on it. When I hooked it up, the pressure was in the red zone. I emptied the system and brought the pressure back up in the system to around

40 psi. It took about an hour and the air was not cool again. A second check of the pressure had it in the red zone again (like 100 psi).

Any idea what the probem is?

What can I do to fix it?

Reply to
Aaron D. Kemp

Illegal venting! >:(

Not from this post.

I like my Ozone, take it to a shop that has ac equipment and knows what its doing...

Reply to
blah blah

Did you fill up the system with new coolant or just let it run after the pressure felt down to green?

Reply to
kmichal2

Reply to
Aaron D. Kemp

If the refrigerant was low, then it is leaking somewhere and the charge you received will not last more than a few days if you are lucky. You will need to have them find and fix the source of the leak to get lasting results. This is a closed system so should not need a charge unless there is a problem.

Bob

PS Today's vehicles no longer use freon since this has been outlawed due to concern over ozone depletion and global warming, but we know what you meant.

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Sorry but you peaved me off with the vent> If the refrigerant was low, then it is leaking somewhere and the charge you

Actually if you want to be technical Freon is a copyright of Dupont and doesn't apply to other past makers of R-12. ;)

In other news, R-134a is going to be banned in Europe before long.

Reply to
Blah Blah