2000 LS2 Crank postiion sensor

Anyone else have their crank position sensor go out on them on a 00 LS2? Ours failed on us, with a an error code indicating it's the position sensor, at 60k miles.

Of course, after getting it towed to the Saturn dealer, the car started fine, (but still held the error code). They were not able to duplicate the problem but we had them replace the sensor anyway to the tune of $200.

Just curious if anyone else has seen this problem in the LS's

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

-Unknown

Remove "die spam" to email

Reply to
wideglide01diespammers

I had mine go out at about 30k miles. It went out totally no intermittent probs. Mine is a 97 SC2. Had to have it towed to the dealer and I also asked about a recall for the fuel pump..........they checked it out and yes it was faulty but not bad enough to stop the car from starting. They replaced the fuel pump for free and I asked it I could get the tow paid for by them because of the faulty fuel pump.....nada. They said that replacing the faulty fuel pump for free was all they had to do. Dan.

Reply to
Brigg222

re: Towing Options. There's an 800 number on my spare key that says "Roadside Assistance" on it - I've never used it, nor do I know if there's a cost. We have AAA which includes towing, so does my auto insurance. I think I've used AAA once in several years when I ran my pickup out of gas, never used or filed a claim with my insurance...

...I had the pump done also on my 97SL2 on Saturn's dime - pretty neat.

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Depends what code is set, but they should be able to do some kind of diagnosis in many cases even if the light has gone out..

Reply to
Robert Hancock