2000 S-series fuel filter

Hey everybody. I've seen talk on here in the archives about changing the fuel filter, but nobody has mentioned where to get one. I have been to several stores, only to be told that the fuel filter is only dealer serviceable. What gives?

Any direction would be appreciated!

Reply to
oligoguy

They told you right.... dealer only. That's because the fuel filter also contains the pressure regulator and is very expensive.

Reply to
TC

I've been looking for a PCV filter to fit a 2000 saturn L series wagon. Does anyone know if this is also a 'dealer only' part? It's hard to believe that a basic tune-up component would not be available in auto parts stores, but I have not been able to find one--- Thanks.

Reply to
Terry