2000 saturn sw2 rear wiper question

does anyone have the chilton's for this model? does it explain how to remove the wiper arm on the rear window? I am hoping it doesnt involve taking the hatch door apart. I have examined it from the outside and found a meta tab that moves but cannot get the wiper arm off. right now when it wipes as it reaches the peak of the half circle it pulls away from the glass .. almost as if the pivot is too gunked up or the spring that holds it to the glass has gotten too weak. anyway any info would be most appreciated.

Reply to
ubergnosh

I suspect that there is no reason for you to remove the wiper arm. The metal tab you refer to is a (IMHO unnecessary) lock that will keep the wiper arm from contacting the window, place it in the other position and the wiper blade should press on the window unless it is dirty or seized.. The main pivot at the base of the wiper arm is prone to fill with road grit and will jamb and seize if not kept lubricated and used regularly. This pivot at the base of the wiper arm should be washed and lubricated regularly. Move the arm when lubricating in order to get the oil into the moving pin and holes. IIRC the wiper can be stopped at the top of its arc by turning off the key to stop the wiper, it is easier to lube and exercise the arm in this position as the arm uses more movement at this location than where parked at the bottom of the arc.

Reply to
Private