2001 L200 Clutch

Just bought a used 2001 Saturn L 200 with 5 Speed. Still has 12000 miles left on warranty. A week after owning it, the clutch went to the floor with no resistance. Secondary clutch cylinder need replacement. I later found from Saturn's service records brought up on the computer, this car had been in twice for the same problem. Don't think the cylinder was ever replaced though. No problem - still under warranty thankfully. What does concern me is that now that the cylinder has been replaced, the position where the clutch pedal engages and disengages tranny is closer to the upper limit. Most of the action is in the last 5/8 of the travel if you know what I mean. Before the cylinder replacement, it was grabbing closer to the floor. Don't know if this is a problem. The service writer and the technician drove the car and said this is the proper position for the clutch to engage. It's hydraulic. Does anyone have an L200 with 5 speed. Can you try to describe where your clutch 'catches'. I don't want to end up having to replace the clutch as it comes out of warranty if there has been extraordinary wear due to cylinder failures in the past. Like I said, there are two other repair attempts prior to my owning the car. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Steve