2001 L200 -- set locks not to open automatically

Can't find the manual anywhere, and I originally did this so long ago I can't recall how to do it.

Just had to have the body computer changed on this car, and now the door locks all open up when I shut off the engine.

Can someone tell me how I reset the system so the locks stay closed when the engine is off?

Many thanks.

Reply to
Jonathan Roberts

Why don't you just call the dealer and ask over the phone?

Reply to
New & Improved - N/F John

I'm tired but this should contain what he's looking for

Programming Procedure: Customer Programmable Automatic Door Locking

With the engine OFF, you can activate and de-activate this feature by turning the ignition key to ACC or RUN and pressing the LOCK portion of the power door lock switch for 8 seconds. If the horn chirps once after pressing the power door lock switch, the automatic door locking feature will operate. If the horn chirps twice after pressing the switch, the automatic door locking feature will not operate.

When this feature is activated on vehicles with an automatic transaxle, all doors will lock as the transaxle is shifted out of P (Park) if the ignition key is in the RUN position and all doors are closed.

In the following two situations, when a door is opened, all doors will lock again:

  • The brake pedal is applied, a door is opened then closed, and the brake is released. * A door is opened and closed without the brake pedal applied while the vehicle is moving faster than 5 km/h (3 mph).

When this feature is activated on vehicles with a manual transaxle, all doors will lock when the vehicle goes faster than 5 km/h (3 mph) if the key is in the RUN position and all doors are closed.

If someone needs to get in or out of the vehicle after the doors have automatically locked, unlock all of the doors using a power door lock switch or unlock the door you want using the manual door lock control. Customer Programmable Automatic Door Unlocking

With the engine OFF, you can activate and de-activate this feature by turning the ignition key to ACC or RUN and pressing the UNLOCK portion of the power door lock switch for 8 seconds. If the horn chirps once after pressing the power door lock switch, the automatic door unlocking feature will operate. If the horn chirps twice after pressing the switch, the automatic door unlocking feature will not operate.

When this feature is activated, all doors will unlock when the key is removed

-----------

Reply to
BläBlä

Many thanks ... I have occasion to drive around New York City and the last thing I need is having the doors open when I don't want them to.

Reply to
Jonathan Roberts

Yeah thats a good thing. So are CCW permits. ;-)

Reply to
BläBlä

Didn't think they issued those in NYC...

Reply to
Doug Miller