2001 L200 Speaker Replacement

Has anybody here replaced the factory speakers on their '01 or later L200? I'm particularly interested in any tips on removing and replacing the inside door panels.

Thanks in advance, Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Meade

I would like to know also. The speakers crackle. The dealer said he replaced the driver's speaker but the problem remained. I gave up and the warranty expired. I think the wire must be bad or the radio is bad. :-\

Reply to
New & Improved - N/F John

My old 97's factory radio caused my crackle sound about a year after I bought it. Mine was dust/dirt in the volume control - I replaced with a Kenwood unit.

Can you play with the volume or balance control and affect the crackle?

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

You know I tried balance and treble and found it to be the one channel or that speaker.

Reply to
New & Improved - N/F John

Hmmm... sounds like money anyway you proceed. If you start of with after market speakers and there is still crackle, then it's a head unit (my guess) to buy next. The only other thing I could think of would be a car stereo place that does good work (how do you determine that?) and see what they want to diagnose.

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

I think I don't care anymore. Yes, I've become complacent.

Reply to
New & Improved - N/F John

...I can relate.

message