2001 S series block heater suggestions wanted

As I understand the factory heater bolts to the engine block. Which to me would seem to be inefficiant. Anyone using an inline rad hose heater?

Reply to
Guy Beazley

The best one to use actually installs in a block core hole. Some refer to this as a freeze plug hole. You remove the core plug and install in the opening. The heater element is submerged in the coolant.

James

Reply to
James1549

Seems like a remote starter would be cheaper unless you *really* need a block heater.

Wes S

Reply to
clutch