2001 SL1 is a bit noisy

I recently bought a used 2001 SL1 with auto. So far, I am getting

35-36 MPG in northern michigan which at this time due to cold tends to degrade mileage a bit. So on the gas thing, I am very happy.

But this thing is noisy. Nothing seriously bad as in 'danger master robinson' but compared to my '91 ranger v6 or my mothers '91 lumina or a 2003 Tarus I rented, it sounds a bit busy up front. It has been too long since I had a '86 Escort to remember what it sounded like.

Are SL1's a bit low on sound proofing?

Thanks,

Wes

Reply to
clutch

I have an older SL2 and there were a couple of times I rented an SL or SL1 at the dealer while work was done on my car - I thought the rentals were nosier than my SL2.

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Yes, the SL1's are quite noisy. We test drove one and a friend also has one. Interior sound levels are much better with the 2000 SL2 we ended up with (and later bought another 2000 SW2 for my wife).

Reply to
Steve S.