2002 Vue - AC drainage question

I just bought a 2002 Vue a few weeks ago. Overall I'm happy w/ it. I do have one concern though... when I turn off the engine I hear a dripping sound. It last for a few minutes. I'm wondering if this is the AC drainage? I don't see any water dripping on the ground though? Anyone know if this is normal?

Reply to
tmas

let me also say that I think this is a dripping sound... but it could be a clicking? I'm not positive.

Reply to
tmas

Do you hear this inside or outside the vehicle? Is it louder inside or outside? Generally some clicking, dripping etc type sounds are pretty normal while a hot engine is cooling off. My guess - unless you're finding coolant/oil on the pavement under the vehicle, this is probably nothing to worry about.

Reply to
richard hornsby

I don't have a Vue, but I always turn off the AC a few minutes before arriving to my destination, to allow the AC to dry, to reduce the corrosion.

Reply to
Skid

I don't hear it inside the vehicle at all. Only outside. I figured it was nothing to be concerned about. I guess I'm worrying more than I should be because it's the first used car I've ever bought. Thanks for the reply Richard.

Reply to
tmas