2002 VUE Front windshield wash

I have a 2002 VUE. The front windshield washer control appears to be temperature sensitive. When below freezing and I pull the lever to clean the windshield, either:

- nothing happens 80% of the time or

- wipers move as designed 15% of the time or

- miniscule amount of windshield cleaner makes it to the bottom 6 inches of the windshield 5% of the time. Anybody know what the problem is? Vince

Reply to
Vince Brophy

It's FROZEN! Try using a winter grade washer fluid.

Reply to
Paul Elliot

thanks for the feedback but I don't think that is the problem.

  1. The car is in the garage all night (40-50 degrees) and still has the problem first thing in the AM.
  2. Rear window cleaner works fine with same fluid/reservoir
  3. Wife's car works with same fluid, which is rated to -20 degrees.
  4. Why would the wipers not move if just the cleaner fluid was frozen. Any other thoughts are welcome..........V> > I have a 2002 VUE. The front windshield washer control appears to be
Reply to
Vince Brophy

For those interested, the problem is the control switch. Cleaning works if the wipers are in the intermittent or on position, will not work if wipers are in the default off position. Cleaning worked fine with wipers in off position up until a few weeks ago ~ about 60K miles..........Vince

Reply to
Vince Brophy