2003 L200 Tires & Road Noise

Seems like a lot of common problems with the Firestone tires (quick wear) on Saturns over the last few years. I've only got 25,000 miles on mine and alot of wear. More importantly, I've got more road noise that increases with the car speed and what feels like a tire balance problem when you get up to 70-75 miles per hour (vibrating steering wheel). I've rotated the tires a couple of times, but no improvement. While the tires have alot of wear, it's pretty even. I've never had a tire balance problem this early in the cars life (low mileage). Have any other late model Saturn owners experienced this noise and vibration issue? Any luck in getting any work of this nature done under warranty.

Reply to
Burt

Tread wear is only one factor in buying tires. You want a tire that handles well and stops well and rides well and is quiet during its usable life. If I get that from a tire and it lasts only 25k miles, that's ok with me. A lot of those tires that last forever, suck the whole time.

Reply to
Art

This was a common issue on 2002 & earlier vehicles, but I thought it was cleared up by 2003. You may want to investigate these TSB's:

02-T-06 JAN 02 Suspension - Upper Strut Spring Seat Alignment Revision 00-T-72A JUL 02 Steering/Suspension - Alignment Spacer Update
Reply to
Dana Rohleder