2003 Saturn VUE

Helo Folks,

Anyone had or heard of this vehicle shutting down without warning ? We have one and its idle is fine and its not hesitating...its just shutting off at random while it is on. Anything on this would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bruce

Reply to
Ham Radio U.S.A.

Wild guess, test the battery.

Reply to
BläBlä

Possible causes are crank/cam sensor, ignition switch, ECU. Take it to a Saturn service department and have them check for fault codes. If this is fairly common they will be able to fix it quickly.

Reply to
Gyzmologist

Was crank sensor...it gave no warning and quit dead cold on the road with traffic behind, pretty scarry.

Thanks for your input.

Reply to
Ham Radio U.S.A.

You were lucky that it must have been a solid failure. I had one fail intermittently on my '01 lw300. (120K) Saturn had it for a week and couldn't diagnose it. My first guess was the crank sensor since the fuel pump wasn't running past the first pulse on key-on. Threw some phantom codes which were not related to any real failure. Finally told Saturn to stop f'ing around and replace the sensor. I also suspect that the two backfires I had that killed MAF units were related to the crank sensor intermittently failing and giving a spark at the wrong time. Smooth running since the replacement.

Reply to
oppie