2003 VUE Oil filter change problem $&^%$!

I have been changing the oil on my Vue since I bought it new. The last change I let the mechanic do it during a tuneup. Today I went to change it myself and when I turned the filter cap, the entire housing moved with it and separated from the block, and leaks. Now my car is in the driveway with no oil in it and Ill have to tow it. What the hell is this all about? Sure the mechanic over tightened it, but why would it separate from the block when I cranked on it? Now it is loose at the block and dripping and I have to have the damn thing towed. I love saturns, I've bought 3 new ones so far, 96 SL1, 03 VUE and an 06 ION. I've never had a major problem, but for something as simple as this ridiculous. Also the plastic cover of the oil filter on the ION is silly too. The size of the cover nut is 15/16 on the VUE and over an inch on the ION. Who is over-designing this simply and frequently used interface to the cars?

Reply to
Ivanna Pee

Chuck

Use a strap wrench to tighten the housing back on and hold it in place while you wrench the cap off. Make sure the oil filter housing seal is still doing its job.

So tell me, did you like the oil on your exhaust pipe design more? ...

Reply to
BläBlä