2004 Ion turn signals not working

I have been told by my local service department that my cell phone charger may be causing some interference from my cell phone charger. Service made two new updateds with new resisters adn others. The problem is still not fixed. Has anyone else ran into this problem? Did you find a solution? Thanks sgskinny

Reply to
sgskinny

There are 2 entirely separate issues with the turn signals:

-Cell phone charger causing interference that confuses the BCM into thinking there is a short on the turn signal circuit. The GM fix for this is to install filter capacitors in the power outlet circuits to help block the interference. If they did that and it didn't help, I don't know that there's too much else you can do other than getting a less junky charger..

-Bulbs burning out too quickly - fix is an inline resistor in the circuit to reduce voltage. If the turn signals start working again after restarting the car, this is not the problem however.

Reply to
Robert Hancock